The Australian Algae Name Index (AANI) is a tool for the botanical community that deals with algae names and their usage in the scientific literature, whether as a current name or synonym. AANI does not recommend any particular taxonomy or nomenclature. For a listing of currently accepted scientific names for the Australian Algae, please use the Australian Algae List (AAL) link above.
No results yet
Your results will be here.
Type a name into the search form above.
- You will get suggestions as you type in your query, they tell you what your query will return, and you can select one for an exact match.
- The query is not case sensitive.
- This search uses an automatic wild card at the end of the query to match all endings (unless the query is in double quotes).
- The query is an ordered set of search terms, so viola l. will match "Viola L." and "Viola L. sect Viola."
- Putting double quotes around your entire query will cause it to be matched exactly (except case). e.g. "Viola L." will match just Viola L.
- You can use a % as a wild card inside the search query e.g. hakea elon% be or "hakea % var. elon% benth." to find "Hakea ceratophylla var. elongata Benth."