The Australian Algae List (AAL) is a list of the accepted scientific names for the Australian algae, both native and introduced, and includes synonyms and misapplications for these names. The AAL covers all published scientific algae names used in an Australian context in the taxonomic literature, but excludes taxa known only from cultivation in Australia.
No results yet
Your results will be here.
Type a name into the search form above.
- You will get suggestions as you type in your query, they tell you what your query will return, and you can select one for an exact match.
- The query is not case sensitive.
- This search uses an automatic wild card at the end of the query to match all endings (unless the query is in double quotes).
- The query is an ordered set of search terms, so viola l. will match "Viola L." and "Viola L. sect Viola."
- Putting double quotes around your entire query will cause it to be matched exactly (except case). e.g. "Viola L." will match just Viola L.
- You can use a % as a wild card inside the search query e.g. hakea elon% be or "hakea % var. elon% benth." to find "Hakea ceratophylla var. elongata Benth."